Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Little behind...

To catch you up: Well, Wednesday December 8th Dad took me to the ER at 11pm because I started coughing up blood and it was a little over 3 TBSP which is the rule the Doc gave me. So I was kept. Thursday I had my very first ever Bronch--not a fun experience. Due to my lung function being so low I could not be out under, I was only given spray lidocaisne to "numb" my gag reflex and a VERY small amount of versed to take the edge off. Well, lets just say I have a very strong gag reflex!! :) During the bronch a camera is inserted into the mouth and down the trachea into the lungs to look at the airways. The doctor squirted some saline into my lungs and then sucked it back up so he could have sample to look at to see what was down there. He didn't find anything out odf the ordinary or of concern, so that is a good thing. Some blood was brought up with the saline, but he was not worried. Afterwords he said I apparently did not like the procedure very well, he described it as more like assault and After the bronch I felt awful, was freezing cold, no fever thankfully though, but just felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Docs said this was normal they just needed to keep an eye out for any fevers because that was indication that the bronch stirred up some bacteria and I may have to start on some IV antibiotics. Hopefully no more bronchs until post transplant, they are much more bearable post transplant. So that was Wednedsay.
Thursday I was embolized again for the third time. That went fine, same old same old, doped up and mostly pretty comfortable. The only thing with this procedure is because they go in and cut off blood flow to large pulmonary vessels the lungs compensate by making new smaller vessels and apparently my lungs have made quite a few of them, so many that it is impossible to get them all, so the docs think that is the reason I continue to bleed despite the many embolizations.
I was discharged Satureday December 11 because I had not coughed up any more bright red blood. So Ben came and picked me up and brought me home. Well as soon as I walked in the front door of our apartment I began coughing and blood came up, only about 2 TBSP this time so I decided to stay home and if it happened again that night I'd head back to the ER.

I am feeling well and can't wait to see my family for Christmas!! Everyone is coming! My two sisters and their families, Ben, my brother Kevin, my Grandma! (who I haven't seen since July!!) and my Daddy!

Please keep up the prayers, I'm praying hard for Christmas organs or New Years organs! And please don't forget the donors family as aI've said before, thier loss is my gift.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment