Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Embolization went well yesterday. They took me about 4:30pm and I'm not sure what time I got back to the floor. Maybe around 7ish because I vaguely remember Jeopardy was coming on or off. It went well, the coiled off one big vessel on the right side of my lung. Hopefully this will do the trick and keep my bleeding down to a minimum for a while.

I think mom had some fun with me last night because apparently the first thing that came out of my mouth when I got back was "I need to walk Daisy". I was to be on strict bedrest for 4 hours so the artery wouldn't start bleeding, so needless to say she just laughed at me. :) I did get my yummy, juicy cheeseburger I'd been craving for two days straight! It was REALLY REALLY good I must say. I was a little out of it last night but today I am 100% with it! I may be going home, just waiting to hear from the RN and Docs.

During this hospital stay I had a student nurse for two days. Kinda funny. He did a good job. It brought back good memories and stressful memories. I don't miss being a student at all. Those long clinical days and being watched and quized on everything you do..phew. But at the same time good learning experiences and nice patients to talk to and help was worth it!

I'm chomping at the bit to get out and go buy some more hooks and yarn to start my next project!

Mom is doing well. She took the plungeand finally got her long awaited haircut. She was very nervous because my aunt has always cut our hair (we are very fortunate and spoiled in that way) so we had no clue where to go ro how to explain how we wanted it cut. Anyway, it looks good! Maybe she will let me take a picture and post it. :)

Please just keep up the prayers for my organs and health, the donors family and my family as we are apart.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to hear the procedure went well and you got to eat a good cheeseburger. Where did your mom get her hair cut? Tell her she needs to let you put a pic of it online for all to see. I hope you got out today. I'm praying for you always. Miss You!

    ReplyDelete