Saturday, September 18, 2010

Freed From Hospital

Well I am out of Duke Hospital and Dad and I are settlng into our extended stay apartment. It is nice . It's a little 2 bed, 2 bath with a full kitchen and sitting area. It even has a fireplace!! :)

Yesterday we spent most of the day at the Center For Living, Grocry store and Drug store. Monday starts my first real day of Pulmonary Rehab! Somewhat excited and nervous at the sametime.I heard they work you hard. I will get there at 12:30 and start by getting Chest PT, then move to floor/leg exercises, then weights, then cardio workouts. I will finsh around I think 3. There will also be lectures that attend,along with my caregiver--Daddy or Ben. Once I make some milestones in pulmonary rehab I can be listed for organs!!! :) The doctor said she thought I could be listed within 10 days of begining Pulmonary Rehab. So we are moving right along!! :)

As far as the Bronchial Coiling/Embolization, it went well. They coiled 3 arteries. However I've been hurting pretty bad since Tuesday because one of the arteries they coiled is in the pleural space and that is a very sensitive area, so I've been living off motrin for the past few days. Hopefully this has done the trick and no more bleeds. Hopefully the clots are dissolving also. They pulled my PICC and both arms are getting better. My right arm is normal size now, my left arm is doing better, not all the way normal, but almost. I can wear my wedding band now :).

I'm feeling pretty good, despite all thats happended the past few days. Thank you all for the prayers and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment